Today's Topics

See what you missed with Slater & Meg on Live 95.9

Family Dog Saves Deaf Teen from Burning Home

A pit bull has been credited with saving the life of a deaf teenager who was asleep when his Indianapolis home caught fire. According to the Indianapolis Star, as smoke began to fill the house last Wednesday (July 16th), 13-year-old Nick Lamb didn't hear the alarm because he was sleeping without his cochlear implants in.

That's when Ace -- the family's two-year-old pit bull -- sprang into action, going into Nick's room and licking his face repeatedly until the teen woke up. The rest of the family were away at the time of the fire, but Nick's mother credits Ace with saving her son. She said, "Pit bulls get bad reps, he loves his family. If it wasn't for him, I could have lost my little boy."

Nick added, "He saved my life. I love him a lot more.” The house was damaged badly, but firefighters were also able to rescue the family's cat, Pixie.

More info HERE

Tags :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
Locations : Indianapolis
People : Nick Lamb

07/21/2014 4:25AM
Family Dog Saves Deaf Teen from Burning Home
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :
Recent Posts
Tag Cloud
No Tags Found !
On The Air

The Live Morning Crew